You either need 10,000 Instagram followers, or you need to be verified. (The two are not one and the same.) If you fall into one or both of these camps, you should automatically see a chain link icon at the top of your screen when you go to post a Story.
How do you get the swipe up link on Instagram 2020?
How to Add a Swipe Up Link:
- Take a photo, or upload an image to your Story.
- In the Story editor, tap the link icon on the top of the screen (the one that looks like a chain).
- Tap +URL.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Tap “Done” on the upper right corner of the screen.
Why is my swipe up link not working?
Make sure you hit 10,000+ followers. Update your app to the latest version of Instagram. If you have a personal account, switch to business account. You need an Instagram business account to be able to get the swipe up feature at 10K+ followers.
Why can’t I add links to Instagram Story 2020?
Why isn’t there a link button on my Instagram story? If your follower count is lesser than 10,000, or you’re not verified, or you don’t have a business account, you will not be able to add a link to your Story.
Why can’t I add links to Instagram stories?
There are currently only two ways to “earn” the option to add links into Instagram stories: Either have 10,000+ followers or have a verified account. Links in Instagram stories were originally only available to users with a huge number of followers.
How do I enable swipe link?
Here’s how to add a link to your Instagram Story for people to “swipe up” on:
- Log in to Instagram and tap the camera icon at the top left of your screen. …
- Take a photo or video in the app or choose from your camera roll. …
- Tap the link icon in the top middle of your screen. …
- Paste your link (either a URL or IGTV).
How do I add swipe up to 2020?
How to Add Swipe Up Links to Your Stories
- STEP 1: START YOUR INSTAGRAM STORY. Take a photo or video directly within the Instagram Stories app or import an image from your camera roll or gallery. …
- STEP 2: CLICK THE LINK BUTTON. …
- STEP 3: ADD A CALL-TO-ACTION IN YOUR STORY.
Why can I not swipe up on my iPhone?
On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap on Control Centre to open the swipe up menu settings. Then, turn the toggle for Access on Lock Screen to the ON position. It will allow the Control Centre feature to be accessed even when your iPhone is locked.
Can I put a link in an Instagram story?
To add your link, click on the chain link icon at the top of your story. The chain link icon appears at the top of the Story page to add a clickable URL. A new window will appear on your screen, allowing you to input the link destination of your choice.
How do I put a link in my Instagram story?
How to Add a Link to an Instagram Story
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Swipe left to start a story.
- At the top, tap the ‘Insert Link’ option (the chain icon).
- Click ‘URL,’ insert the link, and hit ‘Done. ‘
- Share your story as you normally would.
- There will now be a ‘See More’ option at the bottom of your story.
Can you put links on Instagram stories?
You can add a link to your Instagram Story using the chain link icon in the top menu of your Story screen. Once you add a link to your Instagram Story, followers and viewers can view that linked content by swiping up on your Story.
What if you don’t have the chain link on Instagram?
Yeah, that’s right, If you cannot access the link button on your Instagram story is because either your Instagram account has not officially been verified by Instagram or your account does not have at least 10.000 followers.