The username does become available, although not immediately. My personal impression is it takes about 1-2 months. I took a gamble to see if I could swap my username between my two accounts, that is: from the dormant account (“Account A”) to the active account (“Account B”).
How long does it take for Facebook username to become available?
As I mentioned, it took 9-12 days after I performed step #1, above, for stevemasover to become available. When the joyous day comes that your desired username is available to assign to your page, STOP. Make really, really SURE you spelled it right. Once you assign a username to a page, you’re stuck with it.
What can I do if Facebook says a username is unavailable but it isn’t being used?
Go back to your personal profile and click the gear, then Account Settings, General Account Settings, Username. You will now be able to change your username!!!
Why is a Username not available on Facebook?
A username may be unavailable if it’s already claimed, even if the Page or profile it’s associated with isn’t published yet. You can learn more about policies for usernames in our Terms. Keep in mind that you must be an administrator to set a username for your Page.
How do I know if a Facebook username is available?
When Facebook says the username is taken, there are also two possibilities. To discover which – and to skip to the appropriate next section – try to type it in. Just go to Facebook.com/yourchosenusername and see what comes up. Either you will visit a page, or you will be taken to a “this page doesn’t exist” page.
Can I reuse my Facebook username?
Hi Ashley, Username can’t be reused for security and privacy reasons. There isn’t a way to request an unavailable username. I recommend choosing another username for your Page.
How do I make a username available on Facebook?
How do I create a username for my Facebook Page?
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page.
- Click Create Page @Username below your Page’s name.
- Enter a username, then click outside of the composer.
- If the username is available, click Create Username.
How do I claim an inactive username on Facebook?
To claim your Facebook Page’s username and vanity URL, you need to set up a custom username by following these steps.
- Step 1: Go to your Facebook Page’s “About” tab. …
- Step 2: Create your Facebook Page @username. …
- Step 3: Check availability. …
- Step 4: Create your Facebook Page username & vanity URL.
How do I claim an inactive Facebook page?
All you have to do is follow these (somewhat) simple steps!
- 1) Go to the place page that you wish to claim and click on the settings drop down beside the message button. …
- 2) Once “Is this your business?” is clicked a pop-up will show asking if you are the official representative of the company/page.
What names are not allowed on Facebook?
Your name can’t include:
- Symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, repeating characters or punctuation.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Titles of any kind (example: professional, religious).
- Words or phrases in place of a name.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
What do you do when your username is not available?
If a username you want is being used by an account that seems inactive, you can choose an available version of the username. You can add periods, numbers, underscores or abbreviations to help you come up with a username that’s not already in use. To change your username, you can edit your profile.
What is a good Facebook username?
A few things to consider when choosing a username: No spaces or underscores but you can have periods separating words. You cannot have .com at the end of your username (and that would be confusing anyway) Capitalize the words for readability (this will not affect if people type in lower case letters for the address)
Why won’t Instagram let me use a username that isn’t taken?
If Instagram says the username is unavailable, you have to choose a different one; that is simple. The username could be an inactive or deleted account.
How can I verify my Facebook account?
You can check your Facebook settings to see if you are eligible.
- Just click on Settings.
- Next, select General and Page Verification.
- Then click Verify this Page.
- Enter country, language, and phone number.
- You choose to call me back and Facebook will tell you the 4-digit code that you need to enter.