Type your Tweet (up to 280 characters) into the compose box at the top of your Home timeline, or click the Tweet button in the navigation bar. You can include up to 4 photos, a GIF, or a video in your Tweet.
Where is the tweet icon?
Located in the bottom right of the Twitter interface, the new floating icon can be tapped to start composing a tweet.
What is the Tweet compose icon?
We’ve got a shiny, new compose button to unveil on Twitter for iOS! Easier than ever to use, the floating icon is prominently displayed and perfect for one-handed scrolling and Tweet composing. Pro tip: Press and hold the icon to access your drafts, photos, and the GIF gallery.
What is the new Tweet button?
Tapping on a three-dots menu brings up an interface of older tweets which you can link the new tweet to — to continue (or kick off) a thread. The feature looks intended to encourage more threads (from #140 characters to #280 to infinity tweetstorms and beyond!).
What are the icons at the bottom of a tweet?
Twitter is testing three icons: a small microphone for replies from the author of the original tweet in a conversation, an @ symbol for replies by users who were mentioned in the original tweet, and a person with a check for replies by users the viewer is following.
Should I use my real name on twitter?
Your username, or handle, is your identity on Twitter, and is preceded by the at (@) symbol. Ideally, as an individual, your username should be your real name. For example, if your name was John Smith, your Twitter username should be, in an ideal world, @JohnSmith.
How do you tweet to someone?
To send a tweet to someone, type the person’s username in the format “@username” (without quotes). Enter the username at the beginning of the tweet to send an @reply, or enter it within the tweet to send a mention.
What do I write in a tweet?
The perfect tweet is:
- Front loaded. Put the most important words at the start of the tweet to catch a follower’s eye.
- Scannable. Write simply and concisely. …
- Specific. Make your content valuable and useful. …
- Active. Use strong verbs and skip the adjectives and adverbs.
- Focused. …
- Compelling. …
- Short. …
- On brand.
How do beginners use twitter?
Twitter for Beginners: The Complete Guide
- Step 1: Set Up Your Profile. Choose your profile name (aka handle). …
- Step 2: Follow Some People. This is important for two reasons. …
- Step 3: Understand the Twitter Lingo. …
- Step 3: Decide What Content to Tweet About. …
- Step 4: Join Trending Hashtags. …
- Step 5: Maintain Your Channel.
How do you send a private tweet to someone?
To send a Direct Message from Twitter for Android
- Tap the envelope icon. …
- Tap the message icon to create a new message.
- In the address box, enter the name(s) or @username(s) of the people you wish to send a message to. …
- Enter your message.
- In addition to text, you can include a photo, video, or GIF via Direct Message.
How do I make my tweet go viral?
What Is a Viral Tweet?
- Host a Giveaway. One of the best ways to make your tweets go viral is to run a Twitter giveaway. …
- Ask for Retweets. …
- Perfectly Time Your Tweets. …
- Write Engaging Headlines. …
- Tweet More Links. …
- Use Hashtags to Go Viral on Twitter. …
- Tweet Newsworthy Topics. …
- Inject Humor into Your Tweets.
How do I tweet from my phone?
Read about using mobile.twitter.com with a smartphone.
To post a Tweet:
- Tap on the Tweet icon on the top right of the screen. This will bring up the compose new Tweet box.
- Enter your message and then tap Tweet.
- The message will be posted to your Twitter profile and in the Home timeline of your followers.
How do you tweet someone not following you?
Twitter tip: How to make someone unfollow you
- Select the option to “Protect my Tweets” under “Security and privacy” settings.
- Go to the profile of your unwanted follower and block them. This will make them unfollow you.
- If you want, you can then unblock them (or not).
- Just make sure to unprotect your tweets to make them public again.
Can you tell if someone looks at your twitter?
Simply put, no. There is no way for a Twitter user to know exactly who views their Twitter or specific tweets; there’s no Twitter search for that kind of thing. The only way to know for sure if someone has seen your Twitter page or posts is through direct engagement — a reply, a favorite, or a retweet.
What does tweet mean?
1 : a chirping note. 2 : a post made on the Twitter online message service. tweet. verb. tweeted; tweeting; tweets.