How do I turn off messenger sounds on my PC?
How do I turn sound on or off when I’m using messenger.com on a computer?
- Next to Chats, click .
- Click Preferences.
- Click next to Notification sounds to turn sounds on or off.
How do I mute Facebook Messenger sound?
- Open Facebook Messenger and tap on your profile picture in the top left, which will bring you to the main settings menu.
- Tap on the Notifications and Sounds sub-menu under Preferences.
- Now simply tap on the “On” toggle at the top to disable all sounds coming from Messenger.
How do I turn off Facebook Messenger notifications on my desktop?
Click your profile picture in the top left. Click Preferences. Click Notifications. Click below Do not disturb or click Show previews.
To turn Messenger notifications on or off:
- Next to Chats, click .
- Click Settings.
- Check Desktop notifications enabled, then click Done.
How do I change my messenger settings on my computer?
Here’s how to set it up:
- Step 1: Open your Facebook account in a Web browser. …
- Step 2: Open the chat area at the bottom-right corner of the page, then click the Settings cog and select Advanced Settings.
- Step 3: Choose the type of chat status you want to use and fill in the names of the people.
How do I turn off messenger on my browser?
Turn off Messenger From Facebook in a Mobile Browser
Log in to Facebook in a mobile browser and tap the Messenger icon at the top. Turn off the Show when you’re active toggle switch. When the confirmation box appears, tap Turn Off.
Why can I mute someone on messenger?
The most common reason that someone would delete and specifically mute a Facebook Messenger chat would be due to group chats.
How do I mute Facebook sounds?
The process on an Android device is similar to iOS. Open Facebook and tap on the three-lined icon along the top of the screen. Scroll down until you find Settings & Privacy, select it, then tap on Settings. Next select Media and Contacts and then toggle Sounds in the app to the Off position.
What happens when you mute someone on messenger?
Facebook Messenger allows users to mute individual conversations temporarily, or even indefinitely. When a user mutes a conversation, they won’t be notified when they receive new messages.
Why do I have Facebook Messenger notifications?
Those Facebook system notifications can often be the cause of the glitch that causes the unread message badge to show on the Facebook mobile app. This irritating issue is often caused by the use of Facebook emoticons, sentiments, and feelings.
How do I stop Facebook notifications on my computer?
Let’s turn those notifications off while you’re on your laptop!
- In Facebook, go to ‘Settings’ …
- Click on ‘Notifications’ …
- Edit Facebook notification based on device. …
- Click the ‘Turn Off’ button next to the notification type you want to turn off.
What is Messenger bubble?
Bubbles are Android’s take on the Facebook Messenger Chat Heads interface. When you receive a message from Facebook Messenger, it appears on your screen as a floating bubble that you can move around, tap to view, and either leave it on your screen or drag it down to the bottom of the display to close it.
How do I make my Facebook Messenger private?
To get to the Privacy tab in Messenger: Open your Messenger app. From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left. From the menu, tap Privacy.
For more ways to control your privacy in Messenger, you can:
- Control who can see when you’re active. …
- Clear your Search History. …
- Remove a message that you’ve sent.
How do I fix Messenger problems?
How to fix messaging on your Android phone
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options at the bottom: Clear data and Clear cache.