Most egregiously on Twitter’s part, you may also have a phone number in your account because Twitter made you put it there to prove you’re not a spammer. When Twitter marks an account as a “bot,” it may require the account holder to provide a phone number to unlock and get back into their account.
Is phone number mandatory for twitter?
Twitter does not require new users to provide a phone number when they sign up — and so a user who was banned, and decided to create a new account, could do so even if they had harassed users previously.
Why does Twitter need a phone number?
Why should I have a phone number associated with my Twitter account? When your Twitter account has a phone number associated with it, you have access to additional benefits that include: Access to security features like login verification, which helps keep your account secure.
How do I stop twitter from verifying my phone number?
Go to “Account and Settings” on the left. This will take you to “Login Verification.” You will see an option to turn off login verification. This will make sure that Twitter will not confirm your additional information like phone number while logging in.
Can I call twitter to unlock my account?
To unlock the account: Log in to your account. Look for the message letting you know Your account has been locked. … We will send you a text message, or you will receive a phone call, with a verification code.
Why is Twitter not accepting my phone number?
Usually, Twitter asks to verify your phone number in two major cases: They detected unauthorized access to your account. For example, you’ve logged in from another country’s IP, typed the incorrect password or trying to access from an unknown device.
How do you get a fake number on twitter?
Do the following to generate a temporary phone number:
- Open DoNotPay in a web browser.
- Choose the Burner Phone feature.
- Enter Twitter.
- Tap on Create a Temporary Number.
- Hit View My Text Message once you get the phone number.
What do you do if you don’t have a phone number on twitter?
If you don’t have a mobile number, input your recovery email (just make sure it was the same one you used during signup). Once completed, Twitter will send you an email with a temporary password that you can use to access your locked account. Once you’re in, you can change this password to something you like.
How can I get a fake phone number?
Hushed is the best option for getting a fake phone number quickly and easily. Hushed does not even require any verification information, so you don’t input your real phone number at any time. It’s also a privacy-focused app, so no personally-identifying information is collected from you.
How can I recover my twitter account without phone number and email?
Steps to Recover Locked Twitter Account without a Phone Number:
- Step 1: Go to Twitter Account Help. Open your browser and open your Twitter account help page. …
- Step 2: Enter your Twitter account @username. …
- Step 3: Next, Fill in other fields like Email address. …
- Step 4: Explain your issue. …
- Step 5: Submit the Form.
How do I bypass phone verification?
Popular Ways To Bypass Phone Verification
- Using a Burner Phone to Bypass Phone Verification.
- Using Google Search To Find Fake Numbers and Avoid Phone Verification.
- Using a Phone That Belongs To Someone Else To Bypass Phone Verification.
- Using Google Voice To Avoid Phone Number Verification.
How do I fix my twitter verification code?
Try logging out of your Twitter account and logging back in. You should then receive a verification PIN via SMS. If this doesn’t resolve your issue, send a text message from your device with the message content, GO, to the Twitter short code 40404.
How can I get my Twitter account back?
How to reactivate your account
- Visit twitter.com/login via twitter.com, or open your Twitter for iOS or Android app.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Before you sign in, you’ll see a notice asking you to confirm if you want to reactivate your account.
- If you choose to reactivate, you’ll be redirected to your Home timeline.
How do I talk to someone at twitter?
The best phone number for Twitter is their 415-222-9670 customer service phone number, and you can get the details and use our free call-back service by finding the link for it above and clicking it.
How do I get my suspended Twitter account back?
File an Appeal for Your Twitter Account
Filing a Twitter suspension appeal is one of the last methods to unsuspend your Twitter account. If the previous methods have failed or you think Twitter made a mistake suspending or locking your account, you can file an appeal with Twitter for reinstatement.