You can pin a post on a Facebook Group to make it stay on the top of your group page. Reuters. You can easily pin a post in a Facebook group on a computer or mobile device. The post you pin in a Facebook group permanently puts it at the top of the Group page. Only Group admins are able to pin posts.
What is pinned group?
In mathematics, the pin group is a certain subgroup of the Clifford algebra associated to a quadratic space. … It maps 2-to-1 to the orthogonal group, just as the spin group maps 2-to-1 to the special orthogonal group.
What does pinning mean on Facebook?
#1: Pin a Post
A pinned post is a status update that you manually select to stay at the top of your Timeline, meaning it will not slip down the Timeline as you continue to add other posts to your page.
How do I pin a Facebook group?
How do I pin a Facebook group?
- Tap then tap Groups.
- Tap Settings then tap Pins.
- Tap next to the group you want to pin.
What does it mean to pin someone?
to force (someone) to deal with a situation or to come to a decision: We tried to pin him down for a definite answer, but he was too evasive for us.
Is an announcement the same as a pinned post?
1: Pinned posts are exclusive to Facebook Pages, while Announcements are exclusive to Facebook Groups. They function in similar ways, and both serve the purpose of “putting a post at the top of the page”, but each type of account has its own system.
What does it mean to be pinning?
1. pinning – a mutual promise of a couple not to date anyone else; on college campuses it was once signaled by the giving of a fraternity pin. promise – a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do) something in the future.
How do I pin a post to my timeline?
To pin a post to the top of your Page’s timeline:
- From your News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Go to your Page, then go to the post on your Page’s timeline.
- Click in the top right of the post.
- Select Pin to Top of Page.
Can you pin a post on Facebook profile?
So, in addition to Groups and Pages, we can now Pin a Post on Facebook Personal Profile. Well, those of you who still haven’t aware with the Pin a Post feature, it let you to manually select any post from your timeline and stick it to the top of your timeline.
Why can’t I pin groups on Facebook?
– Make sure you’re using the most updated version of the app or browser; – Restart your computer or phone; – Uninstall and reinstall the app, if you’re using a phone; – Log into Facebook and try again.
What does mark as announcement mean in Facebook group?
Share Article. Group announcements are posts that appear at the top of your group in an announcements section. You can have up to 50 announcements at a time. To announce something: From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
How do I pin a post on Facebook mobile app?
Method 2 of 3: Using Android
- Tap. . …
- Type the name of a Facebook page you manage in the search bar. This displays a list of search results. …
- Scroll down and tap Posts. It’s one of the tabs below your banner. …
- Scroll down and tap the ⋯ icon on a post. …
- Tap Pin to Top.
What does it mean to pin a girl down?
Definition of ‘pin down’
If you pin someone down, you force them to make a decision or to tell you what their decision is, when they have been trying to avoid doing this. She couldn’t pin him down to a date. [
What does it mean to pin someone to a wall?
Hi, Hold someone against the wall so that they can’t move away from it.
How do you pin someone?
On iPhone: Swipe right on the chat you want to pin, then tap Pin. On Android: Tap and hold the chat you want to pin, then tap Pin chat .