How do I delete all messages on Facebook Messenger app?
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Locate a message to delete.
- Touch and hold on the message to open the context menu.
- Tap delete.
How do I erase Facebook Messages?
To delete a conversation from Facebook:
- In the top right of your Facebook account, click .
- Click the conversation you want to delete.
- At the top of the chat, click .
- Click Delete conversation and then click Delete Conversation.
Why can’t I delete messages on Facebook Messenger?
Your internet connection is slow or you ran out of data. Both of these could cause the “Messenger” or “Facebook” servers to not update your request (ex. Request to delete a message when you click delete).
How do I delete multiple messages on messenger?
Method 2: Deleting Messages on your PC
- Login to your Facebook account.
- On the upper right corner, click on Messages then choose “See All in Messenger” in the bottom left corner of the popup.
- For deleting the entire message thread, hover over the chat and click on the three-dot icon then click on the “Delete” option.
How do I permanently delete Messenger messages?
To delete a conversation in Facebook Messenger using the app, hold down your finger on the conversation and then tap “Delete.” Confirm you want to delete the conversation to delete it permanently.
How do I permanently delete old Facebook messages on both sides?
Steps to Delete Facebook Messages From Both Sides
- On your phone, tap and hold the message you want to delete.
- Then select Remove.
- Tap the Unsend option when asked who you want to remove the message for.
- Confirm your choice when prompted to do so.
When you delete a conversation on Facebook does the other person still have it?
Messages that have already been sent cannot be unsent or removed from the recipients inbox. If you delete a message or conversation on your end, this means it will still be available on the recipients account unless they delete it themselves.
Does deleting Facebook delete messages?
When you delete your account, people won’t be able to see it on Facebook. … Some of the things you do on Facebook aren’t stored in your account. For example, a friend may still have messages from you even after you delete your account. That information remains after you delete your account.
Can you get a virus just by opening a Facebook message?
Recently, the National Agency for Computer Security and numerous other organizations alerted Internet users about new cases of this virus and urged them to delete any suspicious messages immediately. To answer the question, “can you get a virus through Facebook Messenger,” the short answer is yes.
Why can’t I remove a message for everyone on messenger after 10 minutes?
For up to 10 minutes after a message is sent, users will soon have the option to delete that message from the conversation. To do this, users need only to tap the message once and select “Remove for Everyone.”
How do I delete all chat history on messenger?
In a browser:
- Log into Facebook and open the Messenger pane.
- Click the conversation that you want to delete.
- At the top of the chat window, click the arrow to the right of the person’s name and choose “Delete conversation.” In the pop-up window, confirm you want to do this by clicking “Delete Conversation.”
Can I delete multiple Facebook messages at once?
Facebook does not allow users to delete multiple messages at once. You have to select each message on Facebook or Messenger and delete them one by one in order to get rid of tons of messages.
How do I delete messages?
1 Delete a Message
- Open Messages.
- Locate the conversation that has the message you want to delete then tap on it.
- Touch and hold the message you want to delete.
- Tap the trash can to delete the message.
- Tap Delete on the confirmation prompt.
Does the other person know when you delete a conversation on Messenger?
The removed message will be replaced by text alerting everyone in the conversation the message was removed. You will have up to 10 minutes to remove a message after it is sent. If you want to remove a message just for yourself, you can still do that anytime by selecting “Remove for You”.