Twitter (TWTR) users can now hide replies to their tweets by tapping the gray icon that appears on their post and selecting “hide reply.” Those replies will be moved to a different page, where they can still be viewed by other users. To see the hidden replies, users can select the “hidden reply” icon on the tweet.
How do I hide my replies on twitter timeline?
How to Hide Replies on Twitter
- Find the reply in your Twitter feed.
- Click or tap on the menu icon.
- Click or tap hide reply.
- You’ll get a confirmation pop-up. Click or tap Hide reply. The reply will no longer show up on your timeline.
Does everyone see your replies on twitter?
Who else sees it? Anyone following the sender and the recipient of a reply will see it in their Home timeline. Places it will never appear: On anyone’s profile page, unless they sent the reply.
Can you hide your own tweets?
To hide a tweet, tap on the menu arrow in the upper right corner of the tweet, then choose the new ‘Hide reply’ option on the menu that appears. In addition to hiding the tweet, Twitter will prompt the user to choose whether they would like to block the people who shared the hidden tweet.
Why does twitter hide my replies?
The latest update is this that if a conversation starts getting too heated up or offensive, Twitter will give prompt notification to the author of the Tweet to hide some replies, instead of engaging with them.
How do you hide replies?
How to hide a reply
- From a reply to one of your Tweets, click or tap the icon.
- Select hide reply and confirm.
- To view your hidden replies, click or tap the hidden reply icon which will be available in the bottom-right of your original Tweet.
How do you turn off comments on twitter 2020?
Open your profile tab, then hit the menu button (top right) and choose Settings, Privacy, and Comments to see the options—you can allow comments from everyone, from just people you follow, from just your followers, or from both people you follow and your followers.
Are replies to tweets public?
One of Twitter’s more powerful conversational features is @replies (or @mentions). Tweets that are @replies are public and visible to all Twitter users from your Twitter page, but they are directed specifically to one Twitter user.
Can people see if I like a private tweet?
If you liked someone’s tweet and your Twitter account is private, they won’t be able to see that you liked their tweet unless you have given them a permission to follow you.
How do you tweet someone not following you?
Twitter tip: How to make someone unfollow you
- Select the option to “Protect my Tweets” under “Security and privacy” settings.
- Go to the profile of your unwanted follower and block them. This will make them unfollow you.
- If you want, you can then unblock them (or not).
- Just make sure to unprotect your tweets to make them public again.
Who sees my tweets if I have no followers?
Your protected Tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by you and your followers. Replies you send to an account that isn’t following you will not be seen by that account (because only your followers will see your Tweets).
What happens if I mute someone on twitter?
Mute is a feature that allows you to remove an account’s Tweets from your timeline without unfollowing or blocking that account. Muted accounts will not know that you’ve muted them and you can unmute them at any time.
How do you do a soft block on twitter?
How to soft block someone on Twitter
- Start Twitter and go to the profile page for the user you want to soft block.
- Select the three dots at the top of the page.
- In the dropdown menu, choose “Block @user.”
- In the pop-up window, confirm you want to block the user by selecting “Block.”
Can’t see all comments on twitter?
There’s no way to view them all. Also, clicking on the comment number should show the comments, not open a comment box to fill out. Clicking on the comment icon itself should do that.