Instagram has a new solution to halt abuse from online trolls: filter them out. The photo and video sharing app rolled out a new feature Tuesday called “Comment Controls” that allows users with public accounts to block certain accounts from commenting on their posts.
Can you restrict comments on Instagram?
Pull out the side menu by tapping the hamburger button in the top-right corner and then navigate to Settings > Privacy. Enter the “Comments” menu. Here, the first “Allow Comments From” option allows you to limit which group of people can leave a comment on your photos and videos.
How do I limit comments on Instagram 2020?
Within the Settings menu, you’ll see a section for Comments. Tap on that to go into a more detailed Comment menu. You can set your account up to allow comments for Everyone, or limit things to just People You Follow and Your Followers, People You Follow, or Your Followers.
How do I manage comments on Instagram?
How can I manage multiple comments on my Instagram posts?
- Tap View all comments below your post.
- Tap. in the top right, then tap Manage Comments.
- Select all the comments you want to manage.
- From here, you can: Tap Delete in the bottom left, then tap Delete Comments.
How do you off comments on Instagram?
How to turn comments on or off for Instagram posts: Step by step guide
- Step 1: Open Instagram app on your device.
- Step 2: Open that particular post to turn comments off.
- Step 3: Tap three dots (Menu) above your post.
- Step 4: From the given options select Turn Off Commenting.
Why are all my comments gone on Instagram?
The person deleted it from their end. Maybe they didn’t like the comment in the end and decided to delete. You accidentally hard-pressed and deleted, maybe you don’t remember and you did. You blocked this person and the comments and activity of people you block disappear from your viewpoint.
What does restrict comments mean on Instagram?
If you restrict someone: They won’t be able to see when you’re online or if you’ve read their messages. Their new comments on your posts will only be visible to that person, and you can choose to see the comment by tapping See Comment.
How do I limit comments?
Limit Commenting to Specific Users
- Step 1: Tap your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the gear icon near the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Scroll down and tap “Comments” under the “Settings” heading.
- Step 4: Tap “Everyone” next to “Allow Comments From.”
How can I hide my comments on Instagram from my followers?
Instagram app for Android and iPhone:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Comments.
- Tap next to Hide Offensive Comments to turn it off.
How many comments can you reply to on Instagram?
You can create more than 100 custom comment responses that will automatically post whenever someone comments on your latest post. Know of any other golden Instagram comment practices?
What should I comment on my friends Instagram?
Short good comments for Instagram pictures
- Never seen a selfie of yours that I don’t like.
- You are the coolest.
- This outfit deserves applause (Clap emojis).
- Blessing my Insta feed once again.
- The hottest pal in the town.
- Friends forever.
- They say love is beautiful, but I say friendship is better.
How do I disable comments?
Choose the posts on the group for which you don’t want to receive any comments. Click the three-dotted icon in the upper right-hand corner, and click on “Turn Off Comments.”
Can you search Instagram comments?
Actually, when you open Instagram on desktop, you can easily search for comments using the Windows/mac finder! You can easily do it by taping on “ctrl” + “F” and then typing the username or even the keyword you want!