When you are offline you can browse Facebook without anyone knowing you are online at all. … When you expand the Chat window you can see all your Facebook contacts that are online. Click on the options menu and select the “go offline” setting. When you sign off Chat, you will not be able to see who is online.
How can I hide my active status on Facebook?
To turn your Active Status on or off on your computer:
- In the top right of your Facebook account, click .
- Next to Messenger, click at the top.
- Click Turn On Active Status or Turn Off Active Status.
- Select any options you want and then click Okay.
How do I make myself invisible on Facebook?
How to Appear Invisible on Facebook on a PC or Mac
- Launch the Facebook app or visit the web.
- At the lower-right corner, click “Option.”
- Press “Turn Off Active Status,” which can also appear as “Turn Off Chat.” Check the dialogue box, and then select the radio icon next to your selection.
- Click “Ok”
How do I hide the green dot on Facebook?
How to Hide your Active Status in Facebook App
- Simply open your Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top right of the app.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down in Privacy category tap Active Status.
- Tap the toggle button to Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
What is a ghost on Facebook?
The Chrome app called Ghost for Chat allows the user to stay on Facebook, yet be invisible so that friends don’t start messaging away because they see the green dot next to their name. Users can remain active on Facebook when they have the free time, and then go into ghost mode when it’s time to be productive.
Does a green dot mean someone is actually chatting or just on Facebook?
The green dot will appear next to a person’s profile picture. This basically means that the person is currently online on Messenger. … It could just be that the person is browsing through Facebook app but not currently using Facebook messenger.
Can you tell who someone is talking to on Messenger?
See if a user is online on Facebook, verifying that next to your name is the Green Point, is the only way to know if a person can be in a conversation on Messenger.
Why is someone I’m not friends with showing on messenger?
a person will be showing active you if they are not friend with you. you have messaged them recently or you have chatted them some time before or you poked them or you wave them a hi, That’s why they will be showing active in your active friend list.