Your friends and contacts will see a or recently active time next to your profile picture and in other places on Facebook and Messenger. They’ll also be able to see if you’re currently in the same chat as them on this profile. You’ll see when your friends and contacts are active or recently active.
Can I be on Facebook without anyone knowing?
When you are offline you can browse Facebook without anyone knowing you are online at all. … When you expand the Chat window you can see all your Facebook contacts that are online. Click on the options menu and select the “go offline” setting. When you sign off Chat, you will not be able to see who is online.
How do you hide your active status on Facebook?
To turn your Active Status on or off on your computer:
- In the top right of your Facebook account, click .
- Next to Messenger, click at the top.
- Click Turn On Active Status or Turn Off Active Status.
- Select any options you want and then click Okay.
How do you make sure no one knows you are on Facebook?
- Login to Facebook.
- Click on the “Chat” sidebar in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to expand the window, if it is not already expanded.
- Click the Gear icon (“Options) in the chat window. …
- Select “Advanced Settings.”
- Select “No one sees you (Go offline)” from the menu that pops up.
- Select “Save”.
How do I hide the green dot on Facebook?
How to Hide your Active Status in Facebook App
- Simply open your Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top right of the app.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down in Privacy category tap Active Status.
- Tap the toggle button to Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
Can you stop someone from seeing when you are online on Facebook?
First, log in to your Facebook account, then click on the gear icon (‘Options’) at the bottom of the Chat sidebar. When a menu pops up, click on ‘Turn off Active Status. ‘ Then, select ‘Turn of Active Status for all contacts’ and click ‘Okay.
Can you hide your active status on messenger from one person?
Click on the Settings or Cog icon at the bottom of your Messenger chat box as shown below. 2. Click on “Turn Off Active Status” option. … In the box below that, type in the Facebook name of the friend that you no longer want to chat with.
Do you show as active on messenger when on Facebook?
Yes. It’ll also show active for a good while after you’ve closed everything. If you don’t close the fb app but keep it running in the background, it’ll show you active whenever you’re on your computer or phone. You can turn off your active status under settings in the messenger app.
Does a green dot mean someone is actually chatting or just on Facebook?
The green dot will appear next to a person’s profile picture. This basically means that the person is currently online on Messenger. … It could just be that the person is browsing through Facebook app but not currently using Facebook messenger.
Can you tell if someone is looking at your messenger?
Whether you like it or not, Facebook’s chat app Messenger will let you know when someone has read your note. It’s super obvious when you’re using the desktop version of the product — you’ll even see exactly what time your friend checked out your missive — but a bit more subtle if you’re using the app.
Can you tell who someone is talking to on Messenger?
See if a user is online on Facebook, verifying that next to your name is the Green Point, is the only way to know if a person can be in a conversation on Messenger.