Unfortunately, you can’t post stories from a PC. Instagram is designed to as a mobile app. They want you to upload posts “instantly” or in real time. While its desktop version will let you browse through the platform, there is no option that will allow you to upload stories or any other posts.
How do you edit highlights on Instagram on a laptop?
Tap on your highlight container and click the three dots icon at the bottom-right corner. Next, tap Edit Highlight. You now see options to edit the cover, change the name of your highlight, or delete highlighted stories you no longer want to use.
Why can’t I add Instagram highlights?
If you don’t see the option to add a highlight in your profile, you can do a few things:
- Update Your App. First, make sure you are updated to Instagram version 25. …
- Uninstall And Redownload. If a straight update doesn’t work, a spokesperson for Instagram advises, “try uninstalling the Instagram app.
How do I organize my Instagram highlights?
How to Reorder your Instagram Highlights?
- Add a Story in the Highlight you want to move at the beginning. Select a Story and add it to the Highlight you want to move at the beginning. …
- Edit the Highlight and remove the Story. Hold your finger pressed on the Highlight again.
How do you add to highlights on Instagram without adding to story?
You need to go to Instagram Settings > Story Controls > Hide story from. Deselect Everyone. That’s how you can add Stories to Highlights without anyone seeing them.
What should I name my Instagram highlights?
30 Instagram highlight ideas
- “My Family” Be human! …
- “Books” Share the books that you’re reading that could help your readers, or simply the ones that you enjoy. …
- “Podcast” Promote your podcast and make sure people don’t miss it. …
- “New Music” …
- “Music I Like” …
- “Email List” …
- “My Art” …
Can you watch IG live on desktop?
You can now stream Instagram Live videos directly on your desktop. Instagram is a smartphone-first social media service, meaning its features and functions are built around use on smartphones and tablets.
How do you view Instagram anonymously on computer?
On PC (via Chrome)
Access Instagram Web and, if you are not logged in, log in to your account. Note that the extension icon will be available next to the navigation bar. If it’s red, it means you’ll be able to see Stories anonymously.
Can you view Instagram archive on desktop?
While it isn’t possible to see your archived posts on Instagram from a Windows or Mac computer easily, you can run BlueStacks and view the mobile app using your Windows or Mac.
Did Instagram get rid of highlights?
In a statement from Instagram to Elite Daily, the company says, “We discovered a bug that temporarily prevented some users from being able to see their Highlights. We quickly issued a fix to restore Highlights for everyone.
How do you add a highlight to a story?
How do I add a story to my Story Highlights?
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap . If you don’t see , tap Story Highlights.
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next.
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add (iPhone) or Done (Android).
How do you add highlights without a story?
How to Add a Story to Highlights Without Adding It to Story
- Switch your Profile to Private.
- Block Everyone So They Can’t See Your Story.
- Upload the story you want.
- Add the story to your highlights.
- After 24 hours, unblock people so they can see your stories again.