You can activate YouTube’s Restricted Mode, which is, more or less, the site’s parental control to filter out “potentially objectionable content.” Simply scroll to the bottom of the YouTube page and turn it on via the drop-down menu. On mobile devices, access your account settings and turn on Restricted Mode Filtering.
Can you put parental controls on YouTube?
Log into YouTube Kids with the lock icon at the bottom of the screen. Set or enter your passcode and then head back to the settings icon. … You can prevent your kids from being able to search for videos all over the network. Step-by-step instructions for parental control on iPhone and Android phones may vary slightly.
How do I block certain content on YouTube?
From the Watch Page
- Tap More at the top of the video.
- Tap Block.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Block this video, or select Block this channel to block the channel associated with the video.
- Tap Block again.
- Enter the numbers you see written on the screen, or enter your custom passcode.
How do I make YouTube child friendly?
Here’s how to do it:
- Access YouTube.com and sign in to your YouTube/Google account.
- Click the “Settings” button in the left sidebar.
- Click the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page that reads: “Restricted Mode: Off.”
- Select “On” to lock Restricted Mode on this browser.
- Click “Save.”
How do I limit what my child sees on YouTube?
To change content settings:
- Tap the Lock icon in the bottom corner of any page in the app.
- Complete the multiplication problem or read and enter the numbers that appear. …
- Select Settings .
- Select your child’s profile and enter your parent account password.
- Select Preschool, Younger, Older, or Approve content yourself.
What is restricted mode on YouTube?
Restricted Mode is an additional setting which can be enabled on the YouTube website and app. If enabled it restricts the availability of potentially mature or objectionable content.
Is there a kid safe YouTube?
YouTube Kids is a kid-targeted version of YouTube that features curated, ad-supported TV shows, music, educational videos, and user-created content. It’s designed for kids preschool age to age 12 and is available as an app and a website.
How do I stop unwanted videos on YouTube?
Stop getting video recommendations from YouTube for Android
- Step 1: Open the YouTube app and tap on the user silhouette near the top right. …
- Step 2: Tap the overflow menu in the top right corner and head to Settings > Notifications.
- Step 3: Toggle the switch next to Recommended videos.
How do I put parental controls on YouTube on Android?
How To Restrict YouTube on Android Devices
- Open Google Play Store application on your device and tap menu in the left corner.
- Select Settings from left panel.
- Select Parental Controls then turn Parental Controls on.
- Create a 4 digit rememberable PIN that your child don’t know.
How do I remove the age restriction on YouTube?
To turn off Safety Mode, go to YouTube the homepage and click your profile icon at the top of the screen. Go to the bottom of the drop-down menu. The last item is “Restricted Mode: On.” Click the box and select the “Restricted Mode: Off” option.
Can a 12 year old have a YouTube channel?
Officially, YouTube forbids children under the age of 13 to create their own accounts, and children between ages 13 and 17 are only allowed to open accounts with parental permission.
Is YouTube safe for 11 year olds?
Are there any parental controls on YouTube? YouTube is technically only for teens 13 and up, and what the site considers age-appropriate may not match your values. But YouTube offers a filter called Restricted Mode that limits the iffy stuff.
Can you have a YouTube account under 13?
YouTube doesn’t allow children under the age of 13 to create their own channels or accounts, and children between ages 13 and 17 are only allowed to open them with parental permission.
How do I set parental controls?
Set up parental controls
- Open the Google Play app .
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings Family. Parental controls.
- Turn on Parental controls.
- To protect parental controls, create a PIN your child doesn’t know.
- Select the type of content you want to filter.
- Choose how to filter or restrict access.