Select the Credentials tab, click Create Credentials and select OAuth client ID. Select the application type Other, enter the name “YouTube Comment Extractor”, and click the Create button. Click OK to dismiss the resulting dialog. Click the file download button (Download JSON) to the right of the client ID.
How do I extract comments from YouTube?
If you’re using a computer, right click on the YouTube video to copy the URL, or use the URL in the top of your browser. Once you’ve found the video you want to download, right-click on its URL at the top of the window and select “Copy.” Now you’re ready to export comments.
How do I get comments on YouTube API?
0 allows you the following parameters.
- textFormat – This parameter indicates whether the API should return comments formatted as HTML or as plain text. …
- videoId – The Youtube Video ID you want to fetch comments for ( if you dont know your Youtube Video ID, you can get one from Youtube Video ID Finder )
Is the YouTube API free?
The YouTube API is free if you don’t exceed your daily API request quota. Each request costs a predetermined amount of points. You get 10,000 points per day.
How do you scrape data from YouTube in Python?
How to Extract YouTube Data in Python
- Installing required dependencies:
- Or the number of video views is under span tag that has the class of view-count :
- Now this function returns a lot of video information in a dictionary, let’s finish up our script:
How do I collect a dataset from YouTube?
Export data for a channel or video
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Analytics.
- Find the report you’d like to download and click SEE MORE.
- Make any adjustments you’d like to the report.
- At the top, select Export current view .
- Choose your preferred file format.
Can I view my comments on YouTube?
From the dropdown menu, select “History.” Click on “Comments” on the bottom right corner of your screen. You should see a list of all the comments you’ve posted, arranged in chronological order.
How do you find someone’s comments on YouTube?
Navigate to the video with comments you want to search through, and then hit CTRL + S on your PC (or command + S on a Mac) and type your search term into the gray bar of the window that pops up.
Does YouTube have an open API?
With the YouTube Data API, you can add a variety of YouTube features to your application. Use the API to upload videos, manage playlists and subscriptions, update channel settings, and more.
Is an API key free?
First, you need to have a Google account and be logged in to it, of course. … Google lets you make 1000 API requests per key for free. Click “Select or create project” and create a project if you don’t have one already and only want to look up the key.
Can I use YouTube API without oauth?
Unfortunately the YouTube API does not support service account authentication. Due to the lack of service account support you will have to use Oauth2.
Is scraping YouTube legal?
Web scraping is now legal.
How do I automate YouTube in Python?
Automate youtube with python
- Import the libraries.
- specify the video to play.
- Look for the youtube search results.
- open the video in the browser.
Can we scrape data from YouTube?
Youtube has an API that gives access to search data as well as detailed data on each video. However, it requires you to log in and imposes quota limits on each API endpoint. That is why Youtube Scraper was created and implemented as an actor to run on the Apify platform.