If no ‘Share’ button appears on a post – it is because of the Privacy Settings of the original post. If a post is set for ‘Friends Only’ (perhaps this is your Default Timeline setting) – it will not be available for ‘Sharing’ around on Facebook beyond that setting.
Did Facebook remove the share button?
Facebook is removing the share option for everyone. It is being rolled out slowly. Despite setting it to public, it will not appear anymore.
Why can’t my friends share my post?
You will have to change the privacy of your posts to make them shareable. Posts set to public can be shared by everyone.
How do I add a share button to my post?
To add a Facebook Share button:
- Click Add on the left side of the Editor.
- Click Social.
- Under Facebook, click the Facebook Share button to add it, or drag it to the relevant location.
How do you share someone else’s post on Facebook?
How do I share a post I see on my News Feed on Facebook?
- Below a post, click Share in the bottom right.
- Select where you want to share the post. Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options: Share now. Share to News Feed. Share to Your Story. Send in Messenger. Share to a group.
How do I share a Facebook post with one person?
Facebook Help Team
If you want to share a post you see on your News Feed with a single friend, you can click “Share” below the post and select “Send as Message”, which sends the post directly to your friend in a private message.
How do I prevent people from sharing on Facebook?
How to Block Share on Facebook
- Sign in to your Facebook account, go to the “Account” menu and select “Privacy Settings.”
- Go to the “Sharing on Facebook” section and click the “Customize Settings” link near the bottom.
- Go to the “Things Others Share” section and edit the settings you want to change.