Unfortunately, the functionality to change your event’s privacy is not currently available. Once you create an event, you won’t be able to change the event’s privacy settings. We’ll keep your suggestion in mind as we continue to improve Facebook.
How do I change a Facebook event from public to private?
Facebook Help Team
- Go to the Event.
- Click the “…”
- Duplicate event.
- Change event to private.
- Save your changes.
How do I change an event from public to private?
How do I change this setting?
- Go to your event dashboard.
- Click Event Page from the dashboard menu.
- Once the menu has expanded, click on Event details .
- Scroll all the way down the page until you see Event Listing .
- Select the radio button next to Public or Private.
How do I change permissions on a Facebook event?
To turn on post approval in a public event you’ve created:
- From your News Feed, click Events. You may have to click See More first.
- Click your event below Your Upcoming Events.
- Click Edit to the right.
- Scroll down to Event Page Options and check the box next to Posts must be approved by a host or co-host.
- Click Update.
How do you make an event private on Facebook Mobile?
To create a private event:
- Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Tap Events. …
- Tap Create and select Online or In Person.
- Fill in the event name, date, time and select Private by tapping Privacy, then tap Done. …
- Tap Next.
- Add a Location and tap Next.
- Add a Description and tap Next.
- Tap ADD PHOTO if you want a cover photo.
How do I make my event private on Facebook 2020?
Create a Facebook event from a Facebook business page
- Open your business page on Facebook.
- Use the dropdown next to “Share” and select “Create Event.”
- Add all of the details, such as the event name, location, time, and description.
How do I hide an event from someone on Facebook?
Currently, there is no feature to block a Facebook member from an event. However, if you create a Private Event, it is only visible to the people who are invited. You can choose to allow guests to invite their friends. People who are invited can view the event description, photos, Wall posts and videos.
What happens if I duplicate an event on Facebook?
Facebook allows the user to duplicate a created event not waste time redoing the guest list for another celebration. Before publishing the new event, the creator must change the information as the cover photo, date, time and description, all so that the event appears again.
How do you make an event private?
To create a private Facebook event on your computer:
- From your News Feed, click Events in the left menu. …
- Click + Create New Event on the left side.
- Select Online or In Person.
- Fill in the event name, date, time and select Private by clicking Privacy.
- Click Next. …
- Add a Location and click Next.
How do you make a Facebook event private on Iphone?
Tap the “More” option, followed by the “Events” option. Tap the “Create an Event” option to create a new event.
Why can’t my guests post in my Facebook event?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to post in an event: Only the host can post in an event for some events. For some events, hosts must approve posts before they appear. If the host approves your post, it will appear in the event discussion.
Who can see my Facebook events?
People included in the event’s privacy settings and guests of the event may see posts about it in News Feed. If you create an event and make it Public, your friends may see it in News Feed. Anyone, including people off Facebook, can see a Public event.
How do I create an event on Facebook 2021?
You can set up an event from Facebook.com in a web browser or from the Facebook mobile app.
- Select Events on the left side of your newsfeed on your Home page.
- Select Create Event. …
- Select Online or In Person.
- Choose Private from the Privacy menu on the left side.
- Enter a name for the event, a start date, and a time.
How do I create an event on Facebook App 2020?
How do I create or edit a Facebook event?
- Tap Menu from the top of Facebook, then tap Events.
- Tap + Create Event.
- Fill in the event name, details, location, time and date. …
- Select your privacy settings. …
- Tap Continue.
- Tap to select friends to invite to your event or tap Skip.